Saturday, March 1, 2008

Dial-up is a PITA


I have been ignoring my blog, not because I haven't had anything to write but because I am on dial-up and dial up is an extreme PITA. I can be online and suddenly dial up will cut out, as a result my phone bill has been rocketing up in charges, which delays my return to ADSL grrr.
Still I have managed to keep busy, my father who lives in an area where sheep farming is prominent, managed to get hold of some yummy 22 micron fleece for me and it sits in my laundry awaiting a time when I can clean it and prepare it for spinning. This fleece unlike the fleece I received several weeks ago, is fairly clean, with no sheep dags attached and Im looking forward to spinning it, I have made a rule to myself to not touch this fleece though until I have finished processing Cyril (sheeps name) Cyril obviously enjoyed rolling in his own poo going by the condition of his fleece and some of it has rather licorice looking bits attached and is NOT enjoyable at all to clean. Cyril though is giving me the opportunity of practising my spinning without the fear of totally stuffing it up and I hope by the time I have finished spinning the fibre I will be able to spin laceweight then I will be able to spin some of the fibre I have also got from EGMTK (photo above) I really like the way that EGMTK is so easy to spin, unlike my efforts at carding, where I tend to end up with lumps in my spun up fibre. I suppose my carding equipment leaves much to be desired, I have something similar to a carding brush but its a singular item and using that in conjunction with a very old and tattered dog brush is not doing much for the fibre. On the knitting front I have begun another circular shawl this time in a cream 4ply and am about half-way through, hopefully if I can stay away from ravelry and the OTF chat room I may finish it this month. I have also borrowed Victoria Lace Today from the library and am keen to try some of the beautiful stoles and wraps that are in the book - good reason to finish my shawl FAST- hehe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colouring of the egmtk yarn.

Poor Cyril....hiding in the cupboard.

Can't wait to see the photos of your new shawl.

And your are supposed to have the knitting beside you when chatting :D

Unknown said...

Hey, sweets! I'm only now getting here to read this ... only 17 days after you posted!!! AYE!

Thought you were unusually quiet, and now I know why. Dial-up is definitely a PITA.

Glad to see you and hope to catch up with you soon (or visa versa!)

Hugs!