Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hello again!
Im back after an extremely looooong abscence in which much has happened. Now where to start is the tricky bit but we'll start with the Internet which is now adsl, after about 3 months of the internet being slow, dropping out and tying up the phone we had had enough and decided to get adsl cable internet and I haven't looked back.

Next on the list is my car. Yay! after months of sitting in the yard and looking like a dumped vehicle it has been mechanically checked, had all its bits that needed renewing renewed and has even done a long drive away to Bendigo to check out the local Sheep and Wool show(more about this later)

Now for some rather *cough* big news in my time away from the blog I got married! Yep I know my blog says Im already married but that wasn't "official" and so my partner Andy and I formalized this by getting a celebrant and a very small gathering of people to officially witness the occasion nothing big as Andy and I are not the "big event" type of people. It was a lovely day and both Andy and I are extremely happy how it all turned out.

Now Im not sure if I mentioned this but if you remember way way back when I first started posting I had got myself a wheel given to me by Mr 50 Acres which I swapped for a little Sheridan Wheel (Sherry as she is known) Sherry and I have had a happy partnership and have gotten to know each other very well. Now Sherry's former owner contacted me a couple of months ago she unfortunately had a bad hip and was unable to spin anymore and was wondering if I wanted the wheel back, I said yes and got the country spinner back.

I didn't really have a use for the country spinner and I mentioned this wheel to Mandie of Ewe give Me the Knits she offered to swap the country spinner with a ashford double drive which I jumped at the chance of (I had the ashie in mind for another freind of mine Neekie but unfortunately she didn't have the space) but anyways in due course the Ashford has arrived and has taken up residence in my Craft Room. Her name is Brandy and she is a wonderful quiet spinner and Im proud to be her new owner.

The last new member of the household is my carder. Calvin Bruce Carder the First, with spinning rapidly taking over as my preferred choice Calvin has become one of my beloved making some beautiful batts and giving order to my fibres which seem to have been hoarded and crammed into every avail spot I can find..... No pix today as Im being lazy and I've got some carding I want to be doing (housework? Whats that?)Back later............

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Alison, it's great to hear from you again. Congratulations on your marriage! It's good news too about the carder and the wheel, you'll be very busy creating miles of yarn I'm sure.

Sue (from Yarners)