Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Newest Member of De Family



Meet my new addition to the family. She's a Sheridan MacArthur, born and bred in Australia, she came complete with a spare bobbin holder and a bag of fleece.

You may remember in an earlier post, I had a mystery spinning wheel with no manufacturers stamp and no indication of who had made her, well thanks to some wonderful members of Ravelry (who shall remain nameless, as I have forgotten -but thanks guys you rock!) it was identified as an early model Ashford Indian Country Spinner, was used to spin Country, or chunky yarn and not at all suitable to spin lace weight which is what I want to do.

I rang a friend Nellie, who also spins and she happened to have the Sheridan sitting in the corner being unloved and she suggested we do a swap as she wanted to spin chunky yarns and the Indian would suit her needs, so as a result we have adopted Sherry into our home.

Sherry needs a bit of a clean, but otherwise she is beautiful, and I am now really keen to be shown how to spin, I am probably going to have to teach myself, although I think I will have a lot of help from my Internet friends I can't wait.......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo!!!!! So happy for ya!

Sue said...

That's a really nice looking wheel, good for you!