Monday, November 5, 2007

November Already

I have been AFK (away from keyboard) for over a week so I thought I had better do some posting, the week has been very quiet, I celebrated my birthday on Oct 29th and although my son could not visit he did phone me to wish me happy returns for the day. We have also had some very high winds which uprooted trees and snapped branches off trees and leaving a destruction trail through the trees of the hills, this was followed by torrential rain, which although helped ease some of the drought stricken areas also caused major flooding in other areas of the state.
My frog pond is again brimming with water, and in the evening I can hear the distinct croaking of frogs which means they are also happy with the amount of water in the pond. I did spend a little time clearing some of the leaf and branches that had fallen into the pond so now they have a nice clean environment for the time being.

In knitting news, I finally succumbed to temptation and cast on for Leda's Dream. I'm using some of my stash of Jojoland Harmony lace weight, which is so soft and just so yummy and the colors just sooo delicious that I have trouble with stopping and cuddling and yes stroking the yarn I cannot get enough. I am slightly anxious with the beginning, it is a provisional cast on and I am worried I may loose some of my stitches they are soooooo small.

The big ugly white line thru the knitting is my lifeline - I have made too many mistakes in knitting not to put one of these in, I don't know how many projects I have frogged completely because I didn't have a lifeline in, now I would rather be cautious, instead of rash, - guess that's age creeping in..................sigh!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Leda's dream is looking great. It's a good idea to put in lifelines, they make the knitting process more relaxing I think. What happened to SoC? LOL.
Sue

Unknown said...

Ditto Sue's comment -- Leda's is looking gorgeous!