Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Too Many Distractions




I had hoped to put up some photo's of my finished stole but I haven't finished it as I have had some distractions (namely Ravelry) so I have not done much knitting.


So I thought I would put up some local scenery and tell you a little about the area in which I live.


The picture at the left is a creek that runs along the back of the property it in fact forms one of the borders that separates us from Mr 50 Acres, who lives next door (he earned that nickname when he first introduced himself and told me within 2 sentences that he owned 50 acres) this creek starts a couple of km up the road from a natural spring and it winds its way towards the Silvan water catchments. It forms a waterfall just over the border and whilst you are in the garden you can hear the water falling down through the rocks, and its a beautiful sound.


To find this waterfall, you must walk through a wood with trails leading off in every direction, and its not human trails you are following, you are following the tracks of the wallabies, deer, wombats and other wild creatures that use these tracks to get to the water. I am fortunate to be able to watch kookaburra's on hot days using the creek to find frogs and diving from branches above the creek into the water to find these tasty morsels of food.


Although the drought is in evidence everywhere, this at least is one place where water still flows and I am a very lucky lucky girl to be able to see the beauty of Australia in my own backyard.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful post. You've got me right there with ya, hearing the water, feeling the air, smelling the earth. Just lovely. :D