Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Mojo is back

I took a break from knitting for a couple of days, my recent problems with my stitches had soured my enthusiasm somewhat, but I'm stubborn, I don't like being beaten and so I sat down and did some swatches, and then I did some more swatches, I practised my new knit stitch (its so pretty!) I practised my leaning decreases, I researched different stitches, and finally came up with my solutions to the problems I had.
Today I cast on for Leda's Dream and managed to knit the first rows of the chart without a problem (and my knitting is looking neat rather than untidy as it used to do yay!) In my research I was rather surprised to find that knitting through the back stitch actually uses more yarn than knitting through the front I didn't think that there would be a difference but apparently there is!

I did eventually find a group called gnittink-for-lefties and they gave me some valuable pointers to help with left handed knitting and they are a wonderful bunch of people over 300 members all happy to share their knowledge. I'm also into Kal's that are ongoing at the moment, well one starts tonight the other started last week, I haven't cast on yet preferring to wait for a little while to see if I like the patterns and whether I will have to mirror-image the patterns (if there is any short-rows in the pattern I will have to reverse the patt) I didnt reverse the chart for MS3 and ran into a big brick wall when they began the wing...

Finally I am still waiting for my invite from Ravelry Im 845 in the queue, and am hoping I will be in either Sunday or Monday, I have heard a lot about ravelry and am curious to see what its all about, I think the idea of a whole bunch of knitters in one place is great so I can't wait to see it all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea, Yea, YEA! So glad you found a group of Leftie Knitters! I'm sure they'll be a great source of info ... or, now that I think about it, since you've done all this research and experimentation, perhaps YOU will be THE guiding force there! :D
Eve