Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Mystery Spinning Wheel

I got this given to me about 3 months ago, straight away I sent an email to a friend of mine, spinning lilac for advice on the wheel.

Spinning lilac, told me the machine was probably dry and to clean off all the dust that had accumulated and to give it some linseed oil and polish off with some beeswax. I followed her advice and the result is the lovely wheel you see here. But the mystery remains, although I have scoured the Internet far and wide I cannot find out what it is called, or who the manufacturer is. I have seen one before, er before I got this one but I never got a chance to ask about it now I wish I had, I think its used mainly for chunky yarns or country yarns but I'm not sure, I am waiting to visit a friend who will show me how to use it, I have a rough idea but want an expert to show me how to do it properly

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gee, I've been meaning to ask you how it's been going with this. I knew it was old and unusual but didn't realize it was such a rarity that you're having trouble finding out about it! Surprising SL didn't know. I hope your other friend does.
Eve :o)

Unknown said...

Hahaha! Me again. My post just showed immediately, and I'm always shocked to see a different time listed on something (like this is showing Pacific time, i.e., 3 hours earlier) when I've just this moment done it! LOL
Eve :o)