Friday, September 14, 2007

Valuable Resource - The knitting Community

When I first started surfing the net, one of my first encounters with the knitting community was thru a newsgroup called rcty. Members of this newsgroup lived in various communities across the world and posted comments and helpful advice to people with knitting dilemmas, all advice was given freely and sometimes quite humourously. Socks were often a hot topic, and I was a little surprised to see how much sock knitting was going on. I had never used dpns although I knew what they were (having some in my knitting needle collection) I had never understood their use and felt I had enough trouble with using two never mind three or four at a time.
But all this talk of sock knitting got me curious, and I decided to give it a try.
I googled sock knitting and found several sites that could help me and sat down to try. Within two hours of my first picking up dpns I was knitting my first sock WOO HOO.
Since then my knitting skills have increased further, and I am no longer afraid of dpns, and Im all for exploring the world of knitting, in the future after I have finished my lace love affair, I intend to explore the world of illusion knitting, and journey to the far galaxy's of instaria, and fair isle, with a few pitstops into knitting KALS and groups, I know that I will meet and befreind all types of people and Im really looking forward to it.

No comments: