Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Oh no not another knitting blog

Yes, if your asking it is another knitters blog, about the trials and errors of a left handed knitter in a right handed world.

I first started crocheting whilst I was a girl, being left handed meant that it was impossible for my right handed mother to teach me. We did try, with mirrors but I kept watching her hands rather than the mirror and it only confused me further still.

Determined not to let this stop me, I used my second greatest love, to help me which is reading. I found a left handed instruction book from the library and studied it with great zeal, in the end I had the rudiments down and I was on my way.

For years, I knitted jumpers, scarves and blankets, never giving much thought to what I was doing, just pleased I was able to create something out of yarn. But as time went on I found myself inexplicably drawn to yarn, I found myself unable to walk past yarn shops without going in and buying on impulse, yarn that seemed to talk to me and call out to me "knit me, make me into something beautiful"

As a result of this I ended up with a yarn stash with packets of wool stashed away awaiting that perfect project that would give life to the beautiful yarn and start its life as a piece of wearable art.

Well that was the plan, but at the moment I have a fixation and its hard to shake and the fixation is lace not just any lace but the lace you get in stoles and wraps and such. This fixation has lasted for the last year and at the moment I cannot see an end to it cause I love lace, so the stash is going to have to wait (I would like to remind the stash that good things come to those that wait- so please stop shouting at me)

2 comments:

hesira said...

Hi! Thanks for coming by my blog. I've been so busy with my own boys, and now my work is back in session, I haven't been doing much online.

I enjoyed reading your blog. Interesting perspective!

Sue said...

I know what you mean about lace being addictive, there are so many wonderful patterns out there!