Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice Cream

Well as a result of my experimenting yesterday, I got this. The plying was ok, could have done it a bit tighter (I didn't use any tension whilst plying) and so therefore its a little loose. But I am sort of pleased with the result sorta looks like a big dollop of ice cream.

I have already started spinning up another batch, I concentrating on trying to spin evenly without the big lumps that seem to creep in every now and again and I seem to have improved slightly I will spin what I have left of this "raw fleece" hopefully this time there will be enough yarn for me to knit something out of it. I guess time will tell.

(Ps Forgive the crappy pic, batteries are dead in camera so I have used the phone camera, My camera tends to eat batteries faster than I can buy them and I am sick to death of buying batteries every second day!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous job!!! I rather like the looseness of the plying ... it makes it look SO soft. :D And do I detect the embroidery thread plied in there (and shining sweetly?) VERY pretty. Wish pics would allow touching!

RE the pic -- it's fine, very clear. When I got my camera I found fresh batteries wouldn't even last one session of pic taking and immediately got the nickel metal hydride ones that are rechargeable. 4 of them plus a charger was right about $20 and worth WAY more in the convenience and savings in batteries.

HUGS!